In this first episode, I talk to Stuart Bannocks of Stickers on Boxes fame about generating and sharing ideas, making vs talking, failure and iteration, hypothetical architecture and catwalk fashion.
Links for this episode
- Stickers on Boxes
- Stuart Bannocks (personal, and Shopwork)
- Paper Camp
- Nick Foster, Near Future Laboratory
- Hopeful monsters (at Wikipedia, and Berg)
- Critical design (at Wikipedia, and Dunne and Raby)
- Vought V-173 “Flying Pancake”
- Liam Young, Tomorrow’s Thoughts Today
- Alessi, the ‘invisible line’
- Anti Design Festival
- Lego Serious Play
I think my favourite line is uttered by Stuart about 45 mins in: “Perhaps everyone should be a paper architect for an hour a day”.
This episode was not sponsored by DuckDuckGo.