How do humans create order out of chaos? Why are we always tidying up? And why doesn’t nature bother? What can we learn from natural systems about creating meaning in the physical world, and what’s this got to do with the internet of things?
All these questions are answered in this episode of Looking Sideways, the world’s most partially informed podcast.
Links for this episode
- Ross Atkin at SXSW
- Ross’s slides
- Nicolas Léonard Sadi Carnot
- Reflections on the Motive Power of Fire
- CP Snow on the Second Law of Thermodynamics
- Things Organised Neatly
- Tiles – bluetooth tags for objects
- Radiolab on fulfilment warehouses
- RGBD Toolkit
- Lego Calendar
- Ross’s accessible street furniture
- Bins gathering MAC addresses in London
- Guns don’t kill people rappers do